3/13/2011

Cast and Crew, Eyes on ME.

I've been slightly lost for words.
Between the magical, excellent performance and the hollow feeling I had when i woke up on saturday, i have been rather speechless..


I suppose I should thank you guys ( note my facebook rampage)
But not here..
Not for the musical.


This was YOUR musical.
You did what you had to do.
Thank you for playing your parts both on and off stage.


Since the day my producers and I talked about Peter Pan till today all i could think of was to walk out on stage for that curtain call. Sometimes the going went hard. VERY hard. There was not a week where we did not have to deal with problems.. Money, sponsors, schedules, cast, crew, welfare, venue, transport, sets, storage and the list goes on. I've sat in my room and stared at the wall simply thinking of ways to deal with all this. Then i'd wake up on a Saturday and everything would be fine.


You have to understand this. Every time I conducted rehearsals and I saw your scenes, I forget everything else. I've lived vicariously through the lives of Peter Pan and his Lostboys, Hook and his pirates. It now feels like someone pulled the plug from my single source of solace this past year.


When you write something, you, sub-conciously, play it in your mind. This is 10 times more evident when you write a script. I cannot begin to tell you guys how it felt to see something in you mind play out EXACTLY on stage. All I could do was stare and tear when Peter and Wendy did their waltz. Thank you, Thank you for that. Some people thought I was INSANE when I told them my comic relief was my Villainous pirates. Thank you for proving all of them wrong.


I will cherish, all the times we spent together, that goes without saying.
But more importantly, I'm gonna cherish this hollow empty feeling of not seeing you guys. It will forever remind me of the most magical year of my life.


Thank you
Thank you


Thank you.


My beloved cast and crew.
Thank you.


I'm choking on my words and I'm not even speaking!


Many of you went beyond your duties.
I will never forget Cheryl coaching the lostboys.
Mus and Sameer helping me with fight choreography
Jazreel holding my hand when my temper flared.
Saras and Serena for bearing the blunt of all the logitics..


Countless moments when both my cast and crew helped me tie all the loose ends.


Thank you.


I am still speechless.
I am still swollen (beyond the usual) with pride.


I am a better person, because of  Peter Pan Revamped.


This is not the end.
Nay.
This is but the beginning.


now all that is left is this..
a question..


























HEY GUYS, YOU WANNA DO A MUSICAL?